This Heirloom Vegetable Garden Starter Kit is filled with premium vegetable seed packets along with marigold seeds for companion planting. Each kit includes the following premium, non-GMO seed packets:
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Detroit Dark Red Beet Seeds produce quintessentially American beets with striking, dark-red globes, succulent sweet flavored flesh, and delicious deep green tops.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Yellow Crookneck Summer Squash Seeds produce abundant quantities of beautifully bumpy, bright, butter yellow fruits that are tender and full of flavor.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Parris Island Cos Romaine Lettuce Seeds produce mildly sweet, juicy leaves with crunchy ribs ideally suited for salads and sandwiches.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Black Beauty Zucchini Summer Squash Seeds produce delicious, flavorful zucchini. They're vigorous growers, providing plentiful glossy black-green fruits.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Big Red Sweet Pepper Seeds produce crisp, colorful peppers rich in vitamins with thick walls ideal for crunchy snacks, salads, and cooking.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Tendersweet Carrot Seeds produce crunchy, coreless, sweet orange carrots that will liven up any dish. They’re perfect for cooking, canning, juicing or eating raw.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Golden Acre Cabbage Seeds produce delicately flavored cabbages excellent for cooking or eating raw; or as ornamentals for cold weather gardens.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Large Red Cherry Tomato Seeds are incredibly productive, delivering delicious handfuls of sweet, firm fruit that are delicious plucked off the vine or in your favorite dishes.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Organic Cherry Belle Radish Seeds are easy to grow, producing radishes with crystal white flesh and a mildly zesty flavor.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Rainbow Mixture Swiss Chard Seeds produce vivid red, yellow, pink, white, and orange stems with dark green leaves.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Premium Petite Mixture Marigold Seeds produce vibrant yellow, orange and red flowers that look fabulous while also helping as companion plants for many vegetable varieties.
- Substitutions: Depending on availability we may substitute up to 2 of the seed varieties above with alternate seed packets from our selection of The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Seeds.
Are Your Seeds Heirloom? What are Heirloom Seeds?
Heirloom Seeds (sometimes called Heritage Seeds) are open pollinated vegetable and herb seed strains that have been planted, grown and harvested for several generations (usually more than 30 or 50 years depending on the variety) with consistent results. Heirloom seeds are always non-GMO and are never hybrids. All of our vegetable and herb seeds are heirloom seeds.
Are Your Seeds Non-GMO? What Does Non-GMO Mean?
Non-GMO means seeds (or other products) that were produced without genetic engineering and were not derived from GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms). All of our seeds are non-GMO.
Where do Your Seeds Come From?
Most of the seeds offered on our site are USA Origin seeds sourced from certified US based suppliers. We do also source a small number of seeds from other countries. To view the specific origin of any of our current seed offerings, check the seed packet or look in the specifications for "Country of Origin" on any product page.
How Can I Store My Seeds Safely for Use in the Future?
Our seeds will generally retain their high germination rates for several years from the date of purchase. If you're planning on saving your seeds for us in the future, the most important thing to remember that seeds like to be stored where it is cool, dry and dark. The easiest way to ensure this for long term storage at home is to double-seal your seeds inside two zipper style bags and then place them in the freezer. (Make sure you label your seeds for future reference if they're not in original packaging.) When you're ready to plant your seeds, take just the ones you want to use out of the freezer and let them sit on a counter, in a covered container, for a few days to thaw and stabilize before being planted. To preserve germination rates, minimize temperature, light and humidity fluctuations by storing your seeds at the back of the freezer and only taking them out when you're ready to use them.
The Package with my Seeds in was Left Outside in Freezing and/or Rainy Weather. Will the Seeds Still Work?
As long as your seeds have not gotten wet they should work fine. Freezing temperatures will not hurt the seeds.
The Old Farmer's Almanac Heirloom Vegetable Garden Starter Kit
|Packaging||11 Individual Packets|
|Seed Type||Varies (Organic, Non-GMO, Premium, Heirloom, Open Pollinated)|
|Packed for Year||2021|